Your host for the festivities, with his
1962 1200 sedan! ;-)
North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
also includes Triumph Renown, Mayflower, 10, 2000
and Atlas; as well as Standard 8, 10, Pennant, Ensign and Vanguard
NOTE: Please let me know if you spot any broken image or file links or other problems!
What's this all about?
This started out almost nine years ago as an informal effort to gather information on Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)
and Herald-badged (including those later Heralds badged as Sports
1200 in the United States and Sports 12/50 in Canada)
cars in the United States and Canada...and beyond! Included are some special "Personal Export Delivery" cars
[see note below], as well as Heralds and Vitesses originally built and/or destined for other markets that
have found their way to North America. Over the years, we've added Triumph-badged 10s, Standard 8s and 10s and
Standard- or Triumph-badged Pennants to the database along with Triumph Mayflowers, especially those officially
imported through Fergus Motors in NYC or into Canada, various "Renowns" (including the 1800, "Town and Country" and 2000-badged versions) and the "Michelotti" 2000...not to mention Standard
Vanguards, Ensigns and even the Triumph Atlas! We welcome data and other information on those cars as well as any
other Standard or Triumph "nonsports" models in North America.
There is no association, real or implied, with any organized club or register, although we certainly encourage
all owners and fans of these cars to join clubs such as their local Triumph club and national or international organizations
such as The Vintage Triumph Register (among others) in North America and the Triumph Sports Six Club, Club Triumph
and/or the Standard Motor Club (among others) in England.
Data on "unique" Heralds such as the Australian KA- and KB-series 948s and the 12/50 models, and Indian-assembled
Standard Heralds (and later Gazels and other Herald variants), is especially welcome. Although it is welcomed and
will be stored for possible future listing, at this time we're not actively trying to collect data on every Herald
or Vitesse vehicle in the world. But please feel free to send in data on any car. Who knows? Perhaps someday we'll
even track Triumph-based Bonds and Fairthorpe Electron Minors and other cars using Triumph power! Meanwhile....
Looking for images or information?
- Information on Camber Compensators for the Herald, Vitesse, Spitfire and GT6
- Supplement to the Herald 1200 Owners Repair Manual with detailed information on the Solex B30 PSE1 carburetor (.PDF file; thanks to Bob Strong for providing this).
- Table showing gearbox and final-drive ratios for Herald, Sports 6 and related cars such as Spitfire and GT6, with related cars' specifications for comparison purposes.
- Puzzled as to the wiring of your US-specification Herald or Sports 6...or
even Triumph 10? Here are wiring diagrams
and keys from the US editions of the Herald 948 Coupé/Convertible
and Sedan Owner's Manuals. These diagrams will also apply to most North American-specification Herald 1200s and
Sports 1200s as well. Also in this section is a wiring diagram for the US-spec. Spitfire Mk2, which essentially
is the same as that for the North American-spec. Sports 6 convertibles, and a wiring diagram for the Triumph 10
sedan and estate wagon.
- Check out the revised color section, which now also features DuPont US paint charts for 1959-61 and 1965, as well as a "complete color guide" to the 948 models.
- Looking for the various numbers on your car? Check out this handy number-finding guide.
- What about Heralds and Vitesses with "Sports" badging?
- Chassis outriggers need replacing on your Herald or Vitesse? Here's some helpful repair hints, courtesy of Triumph!
- Upgrading from drums to discs in front? Here's the "proper"
way to do it -- complete instructions for the original factory disc brake conversion kit.
- What ARE those odd snap fittings on my dashtop? -or- How would you like
to install a tonneau cover on your Herald or Sports 6 convertible? Here's how; original "factory" instructions.
HELP! Looking for one or more of these mirrors! If you have one, I'm interested!